Health systems utilizing Glooko's Population Health are now able to utilize the Save Cohort option via the At-Risk feature to create custom cohorts and flags. These custom cohorts can be saved and view at any time from the Population Health option.
Each cohort triggers a flag in the Patient Flags column within the Population Tracker whenever a patient satisfies the criteria for that cohort. The population is checked and flags are applied daily.
Creating a Custom Cohort
- Select the circle with the account initials in the top right
- Select Population Health
- On the At Risk tab, choose the filters you'd like to utilize for the custom cohort
- Select Apply
- Once applied, select Save Custom Cohort
- In the Save Custom Cohort widget, enter the following information:
- Cohort Name
- Cohort Description (optional)
- Population Tracker Flag Name - the name entered here is the flag that will be added to patients on the Population Tracker (when/if they meet the criteria)
Please note: once a custom cohort is created, patients will only be flagged based on their inclusion starting the following day.
Viewing Custom Cohorts
Custom Cohorts can be viewed from the At Risk tab from the Population Health platform. From the At Risk tab:
- Select View All Cohorts
- In the View All Cohorts widget, the following information is displayed:
- Cohort Name
- Population Tracker Flag
- When hovering over the cohort name, the description entered will display, if entered, as well as the cohort's filters
- Similarly, within this widget, you may also:
- Delete the custom cohort
- View Results
- The View All Cohorts widget will also display the list of Glooko-created cohorts. If editing the Glooko-created flag settings, you will be taken to the Population Tracker Settings page, where you can adjust the thresholds for these flags. These flags may also be disabled/enabled from this view.