Care Program Overview
Glooko’s Type 2 Diabetes: Newly Diagnosed care program is designed to make it easier for clinicians to share educational resources and best practices to their patients that have been recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. When you assign patients this care program, they will be able to access the information about Type 2 Diabetes within their personal Glooko account. To see what information the patient will receive, click here.
In the rest of this document, you’ll find resources and tips for how you can manage your patient using Glooko, through either Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) and/or the in-clinic setting.
Let's learn about:
How to use Glooko to care for your patients
Glooko allows clinicians to remotely access a wide variety of patient-generated data in one place, including: diabetes device data, blood pressure data, medications, and lifestyle data. This access to data, in combination with Glooko’s analytics, insights, and remote care tools allows clinicians to run RPM and telehealth programs for their diabetes patients.
Below is a quick start checklist on how Glooko can be used for managing your newly diagnosed Type 2 patient.
- Ensure your patient has activated their personal Glooko account. If they haven’t, you can resend an invite to Glooko. Watch how.
- Fill out your patient’s profile, including Type of Diabetes, Gender, Weight, and Height. Glooko is able to deliver enhanced insights to your patient using this information. Watch how.
- Set your patient’s blood glucose range targets. These target ranges will be used to deliver insights to both you and your patient about how they’re progressing in managing their glucose ranges. Watch how.
- Check your patient’s data on a regular basis. If they haven’t synced their data in a while, check-in with them.
- If applicable, view your patient’s medication and/or insulin records that they’re logging into Glooko. If the patient is regularly logging their medications into Glooko or working with you to adjust insulin, you can see how the patient is progressing with their blood glucose control.
- Glooko offers a printable Glooko Care Program Checklist that clinicians can use to quickly offer specific clinical instructions and set goals to their patients using Glooko. Click here to download.
- Using Glooko to remotely monitor your patients is reimbursable on a monthly basis when specific criteria are met. Contact Glooko to receive a guide on RPM reimbursement.
- The Glooko Enterprise package includes the Mobile Insulin Dosing System (MIDS), a service that facilitates the LAI titration process. Contact Glooko to learn more.
Useful clinical resources
- American Diabetes Association (ADA): Type 2 Diabetes
- Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES): Resources for People Living with Diabetes