You can download glucose readings from your Verio Flex or Verio Sync meter to your iOS device via Glooko’s integration with Apple Health. Once the blood glucose data is available in Apple Health, it is automatically available in the Glooko app.
What do you need?
iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 8 or later
Apple Health app (included with iOS 8)
- OneTouch Reveal App
Note: Internet or 3G is necessary for data to synchronize across your Verio meter to your OneTouch Reveal app and then to the Glooko app.
Let's learn how to sync your data from the OneTouch Reveal app to Glooko via Apple Health:
Once you have downloaded the OneTouch Reveal app to your iOS device, in the OneTouch Reveal app, enable your connection to Apple Health:
- Tap “More”
- Tap "Connections"
- Toggle “AppleHealth” to green (enabled)
- Tap “Enable Now”
- From within “Health Access” Toggle “Blood Glucose” to green (enabled)
- Tap "Allow"
For more information or for support using the OneTouch Reveal app, please refer to the OneTouch Reveal website.
Navigate to the Sync Menu in one of two ways:
- From the Home screen, tap Sync in the top-right corner to access your Sync Menu.
- From the Primary Navigation Bar at the bottom of any screen, tap Profile > Devices > My Devices.
If your Verio Flex or Verio Sync meter is listed, tap on the Meter Name.
- If it is not listed, tap New Device. On the next screen, tap Meters, select your device from the list, then tap Done.
- Your device will now be listed on the Sync Menu. Tap on the Meter Name.
If this is the first time you have uploaded data from the diabetes device, tapping on the device will take you to an on-screen setup tutorial.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your diabetes device with Glooko.
- NOTE: During the on-screen instructions, you will be taken to a screen within Apple Health. You must toggle Blood Glucose toggle ON by moving the toggle from left to right (toggle turns green).
Once your Apple Health connection has been established by following the on-screen instructions, Glooko will automatically import data from your Apple Health app to the Glooko App.