Some diabetes devices require a USB cable in order sync data with Glooko. Follow the steps below to learn how to sync your data with Glooko via USB cable.
(Not sure if your device is compatible or requires a USB cable? Check the Glooko Compatibility page.)
Before getting started, you will need:
- The Glooko mobile app (Android)
- Your compatible diabetes device
- A compatible device cable (learn how to order hardware here)
To sync your device with Glooko
- In your Glooko mobile app, tap Sync to access the Sync menu and view a list of all of your devices.
- From the Sync menu, add and/or select the device you would like to sync.
- If your device is listed, tap Sync beside the name of the device you would like to sync.
- If your device is not listed:
- Tap Add Device.
- Tap to place a checkmark () beside your device type, then tap Continue.
- Tap to place a checkmark () beside the device you would like to sync, tap Add at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: After adding your device, you can complete the setup process at a later time by tapping Set Up beside the device on the Sync menu.
- Next, tap Sync beside the name of the device you would like to sync.
- You will automatically be taken through an in-app syncing tutorial. Tap Next and follow the on-screen prompts to connect the cable and sync your data.
- To skip the tutorial, tap the X button at the top-left of the screen. To prevent seeing this tutorial in the future, toggle the button beside "Don't show this tutorial again" to the right.
- If prompted to allow Glooko to access the USB device, tap OK.
NOTE: Your Android mobile device may detect your diabetes device as a "USB Mass Storage Device" once connected. If this occurs, simply navigate back to the Glooko app to proceed.
If you have any trouble syncing using a USB cable, please contact our Support Team.