You now have the option to log foods in the Glooko mobile app using voice capture!
To use the voice capture feature
- Select +Add from the home screen then tap Food to open the Add Food screen.
Note: You may also use the Food quick add icon on the home screen
- Tap the microphone () symbol at the right of the Search Food field. This will launch the voice capture feature.
NOTE: The first time you launch this feature, you will be prompted to grant Glooko permission to record audio. Tap OK (iOS) or Allow (Android) to proceed. Once you have granted permission, you will be able to launch and use the voice capture feature.
- The microphone at the bottom of the screen will turn blue to indicate you can begin. Speak the name of the food item you would like to add. Glooko will search its food database for a match.
- If a match is not found, you will be prompted to try again. Simply tap the microphone, then speak the name of the food item again.
- If a match is found, you will be redirected to the Add Food screen, where the item is selected and ready to add.
- To update the Date, Number of Servings or Serving Size, simply tap on the item, then tap on the field you would like to update, enter or select the appropriate value and tap Done (if applicable).
- Next, tap the plus (+) symbol at the top-right of the screen to add the food item.
- Add additional food items to your meal, if necessary. All items added with the same timestamp are grouped together as part of the same meal.
- To add additional items, repeat steps 1-5.
- You also have the option to search for or select food items from your Recent, Frequent or Custom food lists.
- To save your food(s), tap the checkmark (✓) at the top-right of the screen.
To learn more about adding foods and other types of events to your Glooko app, see How do I add events (medication, insulin, food, exercise and notes) in the Glooko® mobile app?