The MeterSync Blue is a small, Bluetooth-enabled device that may be required in order to sync some compatible blood glucose (BG) meters that are not Bluetooth-enabled with the Glooko mobile app. You can have your MeterSync Blue up and running and be ready to start syncing your data with just a few steps!
(Not sure if your device is compatible or requires the MeterSync Blue? Check the Glooko Compatibility page.)
Before getting started, you will need:
- The Glooko mobile app (Android or iOS)
- The Glooko MeterSync Blue and the cable/adapter it came with (learn how to order hardware here)
- Your compatible BG meter
NOTE: The MeterSync Blue can also be ordered when you create your Glooko account.
Let's learn how to:
The MeterSync Blue needs to be paired to your device in order to use it. This requires that it be paired any time you log out of your account, get a new MeterSync Blue device or delete the current pairing.
NOTE: If your MeterSync Blue has ever been paired with another mobile device, you will first need to unpair any previous connections before pairing with your current device. You will also need to turn your mobile device's Bluetooth on and ensure you are using the latest version of the Glooko mobile app (for best results, we suggest deleting or uninstalling your current app before reinstalling).
- In your Glooko mobile app, tap the side navigation bar () on Android devices or the More menu on iOS devices, then tap Profile.
- On the Devices menu, tap MeterSync Blue.
- Tap Setup New Device.
- Press and hold the power button on your MeterSync Blue for at least one second to turn it on.
- If the light on your MeterSync Blue does not light up when you press the button, tap What now? to see detailed on-screen troubleshooting instructions.
- Once the light on your MeterSync Blue is blinking green, tap Next at the bottom of the screen in your Glooko mobile app.
- If the pairing was successful, you will be directed to a screen confirming "MeterSync Blue Pairing Successful!" Tap Next to return to the MeterSync Blue menu, where the Status should now indicate Connected.
- If the pairing was NOT successful, ensure the light on the MeterSync Blue is on and tap Try Again. You can also tap Need Help? to access detailed on-screen troubleshooting instructions.
- In your Glooko mobile app, tap Sync at the top-right of your screen (iOS) or tap Profile > Devices > My Devices (Android) to access the Sync menu and view a list of all of your devices.
- From the Sync menu, add and/or select the device you would like to sync.
- If your meter is listed, tap Sync beside the name of the meter you would like to sync.
- If your meter is not listed:
- Tap New Device (iOS) or Add Device (Android).
- Tap to place a checkmark () beside Blood Glucose Meters, then tap Continue.
- Tap to place a checkmark () beside the name of your device, tap Done, then tap Add at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, tap Connect to complete the setup process for each new device.
NOTE: After adding your device, you can complete the setup process at a later time by tapping Set Up beside the device on the Sync menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect the device to Glooko.
- Your device will now be listed on the Sync menu. Tap Sync beside the name of the meter you would like to sync.
- If you have not yet paired your MeterSync Blue, you will be required to do so at this time.
- Next, walk through the syncing tutorial or select I know how to sync.
- If applicable, plug one end of the meter connector into the audio port of the MeterSync Blue and the other end (with 2.5 mm adapter, if needed) into your meter.
- If it's not already, make sure your MeterSync Blue is turned on and connected to Glooko by pressing and holding the power button on your MeterSync Blue for at least one second.
- If the light on your MeterSync Blue is green, it is connected to Glooko.
- If the light on your MeterSync Blue is gray, it is not connected to Glooko. Try turning it on and off or pairing with Glooko again.
- Put your meter in Data Transfer Mode.
NOTE: These steps can vary by device, and some meters may need to be turned on in order to sync. Please follow the on-screen prompts during the syncing tutorial and refer to your device's user manual for more information.
- Tap Sync in your Glooko mobile app.
- The green light on the MeterSync Blue will turn blue and blink rapidly while syncing is in progress.
- When syncing is complete, the MeterSync Blue will turn off.
If you have any trouble pairing or syncing using your MeterSync Blue, please contact our Support Team.
*Please note: The MeterSync Blue is currently only available in the U.S.