If you have a compatible, Bluetooth-enabled blood glucose (BG) meter, you can easily sync your device data directly with your Glooko® account via the Glooko mobile app.
Before getting started, you will need:
- The Glooko mobile app (Android or iOS)
- Your compatible BG meter
To pair and sync your meter
Your meter needs to be paired to your Glooko account before you can sync your data. This requires that it be paired any time you log out of your account, get a new meter or mobile device or delete the current pairing.
NOTE: If your meter has ever been paired with another Glooko account or mobile device, you will first need to unpair any previous connections (via your mobile device's Settings menu > Bluetooth) before pairing with your current account. You will also need to turn your mobile device's Bluetooth on and ensure you are using the latest version of the Glooko mobile app (for best results, we suggest deleting or uninstalling your current app before reinstalling).
- Tap Sync at the top-right of your screen (iOS) or tap Profile > Devices > My Devices (Android) to access the Sync menu and view a list of all of your devices.
- From the Sync menu, add and/or select the device you would like to pair.
- If your meter is listed, tap Pair beside the name of the meter you would like to pair.
- If your meter is not listed:
- Tap New Device (iOS) or Add Device (Android).
- Tap to place a checkmark () beside Blood Glucose Meters, then tap Continue.
- Tap to place a checkmark () beside the device you would like to sync, tap Done, then tap Add at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: After adding your device, you can complete the setup process at a later time by tapping Set Up beside the device on the Sync menu.
- Tap Next to continue, and follow the on-screen prompts.
NOTE: Make sure your meter is within 10-20 feet of your mobile device (the closer the better). Some meters need to be turned on (with Bluetooth enabled) and some need to be turned off (this is indicated during the pairing tutorial).
- Your Glooko app will begin searching for Bluetooth devices. When the Bluetooth Pairing Request pop-up window displays, tap Pair.
NOTE: Depending on your device, you may be required to input a PIN (which might be all or part of your meter's serial number) into your Glooko app. This information can generally be found on the back of your meter.
- If the pairing was successful, you will be directed to a screen confirming "Meter Paired Successfully!" Tap Next to return to the Sync menu.
- If the pairing was NOT successful, make sure your meter is within range of your mobile device, with Bluetooth turned on, and tap Try Again. If you continue to have trouble pairing your device, reach out to our Support Team for assistance.
- From the Sync menu, tap Sync beside the device you would like to sync.
- You will automatically be taken through an in-app syncing tutorial. Tap Next and follow the on-screen prompts to complete this process and sync your data.
NOTE: To skip the tutorial, tap the X button at the top-left of the screen. To prevent seeing this tutorial in the future, toggle the button beside "Don't show this tutorial again" to the right.
TIP: If you have an Android mobile device, after completing your initial sync, you will have the option to enable Background Syncing for your data. This allows you to automatically sync your diabetes device data with Glooko. To learn more about this, see Automatically sync diabetes devices with Glooko® using Background Syncing (Android).
If you have any trouble pairing or syncing your meter, please contact our Support Team.