Updates to your Glooko Transmitter are released via over the air update, meaning no action is typically needed to install the newest update on your Transmitter. Once a new update has been installed over the air:
- Your Transmitter screen will indicate A new update is ready!
- Select Restart now to complete the update
- NOTE: For the 4G Modem to allow connectivity to the 4G network, your transmitter must be updated to version R1n003 (see instructions below for checking your Transmitter version)
- If you select Restart later, the Transmitter will automatically restart after 10 hours have elapsed or the transmitter is idle for 1 hour.
Occasionally, Transmitters may not successfully install the latest update due to poor connectivity to the mobile network, for example.
In order to ensure your Transmitter receives the update appropriately:
- Reboot your Transmitter by unplugging the power cord, waiting 5 seconds, then plugging the power cord back in
- The Transmitter screen will display Receiving Settings
- Once the Transmitter reads Ready to Transfer, you should now see the A new update is ready! notice
Connectivity to the 3G network may impact the ability for the Transmitter to successfully receive and install the update. For the 4G modem to work with your Transmitter, your version should be, at minimum, R1n003.
NOTE: Transmitter versions utilize the alphabet. If your Transmitter contains a letter after n, your transmitter is able to utilize the 4G modem. For example, if your transmitter version is R1o003, your transmitter version is capable of utilizing the 4G modem.
If you are unsure if your Transmitter has received the necessary update, please use the instructions below to determine its current version. If the version is not R1n003 (or later) and you are not being prompted to install the new update, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Transmitter serial number.
To view your Transmitter's current version:
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top left
- Select About
- Select About this Transmitter
- The Transmitter version is listed in Software Version