It is now possible to sync your Dexcom Transmitter to the Glooko Clinical Research mobile app via bluetooth!
Once the Clinical Research app is connected with the transmitter, the app will perform an initial sync/download. After this, Glooko will attempt to pull data from the Dexcom transmitter as often as possible, typically about every 2 to 3 minutes.
Please note, the Glooko Clinical Research mobile app and the Dexcom mobile app cannot both be installed on the participant's phone at the same time, as the transmitter can only be paired to one app at a time.
To Connect your Dexcom Transmitter to the Glooko Clinical Research Mobile App
- Select Sync > New Device > Dexcom Transmitter
- Follow the on-screen tutorial, entering the transmitter's Serial Number when prompted
- Confirm the Serial Number is correct and select Next
- If prompted to allow location access, allow the Glooko Clinical Research mobile app to utilize location settings. Note: Location access must be granted in order to sync via bluetooth.
- The app will now connect to the Dexcom Transmitter. Pairing may take up to 5 minutes. To ensure a successful pairing, please ensure your mobile device is within 20 feet of your transmitter until pairing is complete.
Once connected, data will begin syncing from the Dexcom Transmitter to the Glooko Clinical Research mobile application.
Note: The Dexcom Transmitter connection will need to be repaired intermittently. The Glooko Clinical Research app will alert the user when it is time to reconfigure the pairing to the transmitter, and the user may follow the same steps as the initial connection.