You can automatically sync data from your Companion Medical InPen Smart Pen device with Glooko - through our Apple Health integration!
Before connecting your Apple Health account, the Apple Health app must be installed on your mobile device. You will be required to make updates within the Apple Health app to allow Glooko to access your data.
NOTE: While InPen data from Apple Health can be synced to Glooko, it cannot be synced back to Apple Health at this time.
Before getting started, you will need:
- The Glooko mobile app (iOS)
- An Apple Health account
To sync your InPen
- Tap Sync at the top-right of your screen (iOS) or tap Profile > Devices > My Devices (Android) to access the Sync menu and view a list of all of your devices.
- From the Sync menu, tap to place a checkmark () beside Smart Pens, then tap Continue.
- Tap to place a checkmark () beside the InPen device you would like to sync, then tap Add at the bottom of the screen.
- You will automatically be taken through an in-app syncing tutorial. Tap Next and follow the on-screen prompts to complete this process and sync your data.
NOTE: To skip the tutorial, tap the X button at the top-left of the screen. To prevent seeing this tutorial in the future, toggle the button beside "Don't show this tutorial again" to the right.
- You will be prompted to connect your Apple Health account to Glooko. Tap Next.
- On the Health Access screen, tap beside the Insulin Delivery option to toggle data sharing on, then tap Allow at the top-right of the screen.
- Next, open your Apple Health app > Sources tab, and select InPen App. Set the desired permissions.
- Tap Done in your Glooko mobile app to complete the setup.
NOTE: It may take 10-30 minutes before your data initially appears in your account, then your data will begin syncing automatically.
To learn what other types of data you can sync with your Apple Health account, see Can I sync my Glooko® account with Apple Health?
If you have any trouble syncing your device, please contact our Support Team.