Glooko’s Mobile Insulin Dosing System (MIDS) is an FDA-cleared program that can be prescribed to help people with type 2 diabetes determine their long-acting insulin (LAI) dose. Based on a treatment plan created by a clinician, MIDS uses a patient's fasting blood glucose (FBG) readings to find the ideal dose of long-acting insulin.
How MIDS works
- A MIDS treatment plan is created and prescribed to a patient from within your Population Tracker.
- Once a treatment plan has been prescribed, the patient will receive an invitation to begin the MIDS program through the Glooko app on his or her mobile device.
- The patient will receive in-app reminders to check his or her FBG and take the appropriate dose of LAI daily.
- The patient will receive an in-app notification to complete a dose adjustment check every 1 to 7 days (the titration period is based on the prescribed treatment plan).
- Based on the dose adjustment check, MIDS will recommend an insulin dose based on the patient's FBG readings and the treatment plan that you prescribed.
- You will monitor a patient's progress while on the MIDS program from within your Population Tracker and provide support and/or intervention as needed.
To learn more about MIDS, reference the Glooko MIDS for Clinics User Guide.
If you're interested in adding this feature to your Population Tracker, please contact your Glooko account manager directly or email email@example.com.
*Please note: MIDS is currently only available in the U.S.