Once you have started the Glooko® MIDS (Mobile Insulin Dosing System) program, you will be prompted to complete a dose adjustment check every 1 to 7 days (the number of days between dose adjustment checks will be determined by your doctor). The dose adjustment check will help you to find your optimum dose of long-acting insulin. MIDS will recommend an insulin dose based on your fasting blood glucose (FBG) readings and the treatment plan prescribed by your doctor.
To complete a dose adjustment check
NOTE: When it is time to complete a dose adjustment check, you will see a push notification from the Glooko app on your mobile device.
- Log into to your Glooko account.
- You will receive an in-app dose adjustment check notification. Review the information on the screen and tap Continue.
- NOTE: If you have not yet synced your blood glucose meter to the Glooko app, you will be prompted to sync your device.
- Select the FBG reading for each day. If you don't have an FBG reading, select I don't have a fasting blood glucose reading.
- NOTE: You will not be able to move to the next screen until FBG readings have been selected for each day.
- After selecting your FBG readings, tap Continue.
- A list of insulin doses for each day of your titration period will be displayed. Confirm the insulin doses that you took each day. If you took a dose that is different from the amount that is pre-populated, click into the box and increase or decrease the dose as needed.
- MIDS will recommend a dose of insulin based on your previous dose of insulin, your FBG readings, any low blood glucose (BG) readings and your healthcare provider's treatment plan.
- Select the insulin dose that you plan to use, then tap Continue.
- Review the Your Routine screen, then tap Done.
- Continue to check your FBG each morning and take your prescribed dose of long-acting insulin each night.
To access a step-by-step interactive tutorial detailing a Glooko® MIDS dose adjustment check, see Tutorial: Glooko® MIDS Dose Adjustment.
*Please note: MIDS is currently only available in the U.S.