To start a patient on Glooko® MIDS (Mobile Insulin Dosing System), you will need to first create and prescribe a treatment plan to the patient from within your Population Tracker.
In this article, you can learn how to:
- Go to my.glooko.com and log into your Population Tracker.
- From your patient list, locate and click on the patient that you would like to prescribe MIDS.
- From the Patient Profile, click the MIDS tab.
- You can choose to create a Custom Treatment Plan from scratch or use and edit an existing Treatment Plan Template.
NOTE: For this tutorial, we will use an existing treatment plan template. To learn how to create a treatment plan template, see Create a Glooko® MIDS treatment plan template.
- In the Starting Dose section, choose the long-acting insulin (LAI) that will be prescribed from the Insulin Type drop-down menu. MIDS is currently compatible with the five LAI types seen below.
- Next, Calculate Starting Dose by choosing an option from the drop-down menu or enter a specific Starting Dose.
- Choose the number of days in the Titration Period (from 1 to 7 days).
- Use the date selector to set an End Date for the treatment plan.
- Next, select the Minimum Required Readings needed for an adjustment.
- In the Dose Adjustments section, review (and edit, if needed) the Fasting Target Range.
- Set Dose Adjustments for readings below and above specified fasting blood glucose (FBG) limits.
- Click ADD NEW ROW to add an additional dose adjustment rule, if needed.
- Set the thresholds for Hypo and Hyper Notifications as well as the Maximum Dose of LAI.
NOTE: Safety Notifications will instruct the patient to contact the provider. The notifications will also be displayed in the Population Tracker.
- Set Patient Reminders for patients to check their FBG and to take their dose of LAI. These reminders will appear in the patient's app daily.
- Enter provider Contact Information.
- Click Save.
- Once the treatment plan has been created, you will be shown a summary of the treatment plan. You can click Go Back to return to the Edit Treatment Plan screen or Start Treatment Plan to initialize the plan.
- When you initiate the Treatment Plan, you will be redirected to the MIDS tab within the Patient Profile. You will now see MIDS treatment plan has been sent to the patient in a green box at the top of the screen.
- The patient will receive an in-app notification inviting them to Start MIDS Program. Once he or she has accepted the invitation, the MIDS Status will change from Pending to Active: In Progress.
In the Patient Adjustments section, you will see the date that MIDS was prescribed and the date that the program was started by the patient.
*Please note: MIDS is currently only available in the U.S.