You can download glucose readings from your Dexcom G5 CGM to your iOS device via Glooko’s integration with Apple Health. Apple Health uploads readings from the Dexcom CGM three hours after each glucose reading occurs. Once the glucose data is available in Apple Health, it is automatically available in the Glooko app.
What do you need?
- iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 8 or later
- Apple Health app (included with iOS 8)
- Dexcom G5 Mobile app
Note: Wireless or Cellular Data connection is necessary for data to synchronize across your Dexcom CGM to your Dexcom G5 Mobile app and then to the Glooko app.
Next, let's configure the appropriate connections:
Once you have downloaded the Dexcom G5 Mobile app to your iOS device, in the Dexcom G5 Mobile app, do the following:
- Go to the menu in the G5 Mobile app
- Choose Settings
- Choose Health
- Tap the Enable button to enable sharing CGM data with the Health app
- Tap the slider for “Blood Glucose” on the health access screen
Press the “Done” button to return to the Dexcom G5 Mobile app.
For more information or for support using the Dexcom G5 Mobile app, please refer to the Dexcom website.
Navigate to the Sync Menu in one of two ways:
- From the Home screen, tap Sync in the top-right corner to access your Sync Menu.
- From the Primary Navigation Bar at the bottom of any screen, tap Profile > Devices > My Devices.
If your Dexcom G5 is listed, tap on the Dexcom G5.
- If it is not listed, tap New Device. On the next screen, tap CGM, select your device from the list, then tap Done.
- Your device will now be listed on the Sync Menu. Tap on the Device Name.
If this is the first time you have uploaded data from the diabetes device, tapping on the device will take you to an on-screen setup tutorial.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your diabetes device with Glooko.
- NOTE: During the on-screen instructions, you will be taken to a screen within Apple Health. You must toggle Blood Glucose toggle ON by moving the toggle from left to right (toggle turns green).
Once your Apple Health connection has been established by following the on-screen instructions, Glooko will automatically import data from your Apple Health app to the Glooko App (with a three-hour delay).
*Please note: The Dexcom integration is currently only available in the U.S.