You can download glucose readings from your Dexcom G4 Platinum with Share CGM to your iOS device via Glooko’s integration with Apple Health. Apple Health uploads readings from the Dexcom CGM three hours after each glucose reading occurs. Once the glucose data is available in Apple Health, it is automatically available in the Glooko app.
What do you need?
- iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 8 or later
- Apple Health app (included with iOS 8)
- Dexcom Share2 app
NOTE: Wireless or Cellular Data connection is necessary for data to synchronize across your Dexcom CGM to your Dexcom Share2 app and then to the Glooko app.
Next, let's configure the appropriate connections:
Once you have downloaded the Dexcom Share2 app to your iOS device, in the Dexcom Share2 app, do the following:
- Go to the menu in the Share2 app
- Choose Account
- Choose Health
Press the “Done” button to return to the Dexcom Share2 app.
For more information or for support using the Dexcom Share2 app, please refer to the Dexcom website.
Navigate to the Sync Menu in one of two ways:
- From the Home screen, tap Sync in the top-right corner to access your Sync Menu.
- From the Primary Navigation Bar at the bottom of any screen, tap Profile > Devices > My Devices.
If your Dexcom G4 with Share is listed, tap on Dexcom G4 with Share.
- If it is not listed, tap New Device. On the next screen, tap CGM, select your device from the list, then tap Done.
- Your device will now be listed on the Sync Menu. Tap on Dexcom G4 with Share.
If this is the first time you have uploaded data from the diabetes device, tapping on the device will take you to an on-screen setup tutorial.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your diabetes device with Glooko.
- NOTE: During the on-screen instructions, you will be taken to a screen within Apple Health. You must toggle Blood Glucose toggle ON by moving the toggle from left to right (toggle turns green).
Once your Apple Health connection has been established by following the on-screen instructions, Glooko will automatically import data from your Apple Health app to the Glooko App (with a three-hour delay).