If you have a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) diabetes device and are using the Glooko app on an Android mobile device, you now have the option to sync with Glooko automatically to make syncing more reliable - as long as your phone is near your device. The Glooko app conducts frequent BLE scans in order to detect a sync initiating from a Bluetooth meter. This process occurs in the background and causes no disruptions to your device usage.
NOTE: Background Syncing is automatically enabled when syncing a new BLE device with Glooko. To learn how to turn this off, see How do I disable Background Syncing? (Android)
To enable Background Syncing
- From the home screen, tap Devices
- Tap on the active BLE device you would like to sync automatically.
- To sync a new device, tap Add New Device
- At the bottom of the screen, slide the Background Syncing toggle to the right to enable this feature.
- Tap Done to save your changes.
NOTE: With this feature enabled, you may begin seeing "Foreground Service Channel" notifications on your mobile device. If you would prefer not to see these, simply tap Turn off notifications at the bottom of the notification window.