Now you have the option to log foods in the Glooko mobile app by scanning their barcodes!
To use the barcode feature
- Tap the plus (+) symbol at the bottom of the screen, then tap Food to open the Add Food screen.
- Tap the barcode () symbol at the right of the Search Food field. This will launch the barcode scanner.
NOTE: The first time you launch this feature, you will be prompted to grant Glooko permission to access your camera. To do so, you will need to access your mobile device settings, locate the Glooko app and grant camera permission. Once you have granted permission, you will be able to launch and use the barcode scanner.
- Focus the camera on the barcode of the food item you would like to scan. When the app identifies the barcode, it will automatically capture it and redirect you to the Create Food screen, where all available nutritional details for the food item display.
TIP: Tap Show More to view additional details.
- To update the Date, Number of Servings or Serving Size, simply tap on the field you would like to update, enter or select the appropriate value and tap Done (if applicable).
- Next, tap the plus (+) symbol at the top-right of the screen to add the food item.
- Add additional food items to your meal, if necessary. All items added with the same timestamp are grouped together as part of the same meal.
- To scan additional items, repeat steps 1-5.
- You also have the option to search for or select food items from your Recent, Frequent or Custom food lists.
- To save your food(s), tap the checkmark (✓) at the top-right of the screen.
To learn more about adding foods and other types of events to your Glooko app, see How do I add events (medication, insulin, food, exercise and notes) in the Glooko® mobile app?